- 1 cup steel cut oats, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes (or 2 medium), sliced thinly
- 1 cup diced baked tofu (purchase prebaked or make it at home)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 12 olives, drained
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Sea salt, as desired
- Soymilk, plain, unsweetened, as desired
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot and add oats. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, to desired texture.
- Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1 small sliced heirloom tomato, 1/4 cup diced baked tofu, 2 tablespoons walnuts, 3 olives, and 2 tablespoons basil. Garnish with dusting of black pepper and sea salt (if desired). Serve with soymilk, as desired.
InstantPot Directions: Place oats and water in the container of the InstantPot. Press “Porridge” setting. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Slowcooker Directions: Place oats and water in the container of the Slowcooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 8-12 hours. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Learn how to make Savory Baked Tofu.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 241 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg