These scrumptious vegan Blueberry Millet Muffins are filled with whole grain goodness—even millet, which offers a crunchy, yet fluffy bite.
- ¾ cup plant-based unsweetened plain milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 1/3 cup organic expeller-pressed canola oil
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup all purpose wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (or small fresh)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whip together plant-based milk, vanilla, chia, flax, and oil for 2 minutes to create a thick mixture.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar only until moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray (or may use muffin liners).
- Fill muffin tins with 1/3 cup batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and serve immediately.
- Category: Muffins
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 22 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan muffins, blueberry muffins, vegan blueberry muffins