These yummy energy bites are packed with the nutrition power of purple sweet potatoes, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. You can whip these babies up in minutes—they’re even no bake—plus they are packed with healthy fats and plant proteins, all in an added sugar-free, vegan and gluten-free little package! Take them along for a healthy snack, workout recovery boost, or guilt-free dessert.
Yields 24 bites
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup cooked, mashed, chilled Frieda’s Stokes purple sweet potatoes*
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 10 large dates, pitted
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Place oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, and ginger in a food processor container and process for a few minutes to finely grind ingredients.
- Remove dough form food processor and shape into small balls.Add vanilla, peanut butter, purple sweet potatoes, raisins, and dates to the food processor container and process a few more minutes until all ingredients are smooth and form a moist paste.
- Place chopped walnuts in a small dish and roll each ball into the nuts. Place in an airtight storage container and chill until serving time. May freeze.
*To prepare purple sweet potatoes, peel and quarter sweet potatoes, place in a pot with boiling water, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender yet firm. Drain water, mash, and chill before preparing this recipe.
*Nutrients Per Serving: 106 calories, 4 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 g sugar, 18 mg sodium