Harness the power of pumpkins to flavor a batch of wholesome, nutritious energy bites. These no-cook, no-sugar added, gluten-free, vegan energy bites are perfect for workout snacks, kids’ lunchboxes, and afternoon pick-me-ups with coffee.
Yields 28 bites
- ½ cup oats, gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup canned (or cooked) pumpkin
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup finely ground walnuts
- Place oats, hemp, chia, flax, ½ cup walnut and pumpkin seeds in the container of a food processor. Process for a few minutes, until ingredients are finely ground.
- Add pumpkin, dates, cranberries, peanut butter, spice, and vanilla and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls. Place 1/3 cup ground walnuts on a dish and roll each ball into the ground walnuts. Refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition information: 182 kcal, 12g fat, 1g saturated fat, 1g monounsaturated fat, 2g polyunsaturated fat, 22mg sodium, 90mg potassium, 9g cho, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, 5g protein