One of my favorite, go-to breakfasts, snacks, and even desserts is this easy berry soy yogurt parfait. It’s healthy enough (rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals) for a meal, and tasty enough for a dessert you can feel really good about. Plus, if you make it up in a mason jar, you can tote it along to work or school—no trash involved!
Yields 1 serving
- 1 6-oz carton vanilla cultured soy yogurt
- 1 cup berries (i.e. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1/4 cup granola (gluten-free)
- Place half of yogurt in a glass jar or serving dish.
- Top with half of berries.
- Sprinkle with half of granola
- Repeat layers.
*You can substitute other fresh seasonal fruit, such as bananas, peaches, persimmons, and mango, or use frozen or canned fruit when fresh is not in season. *Nutrition information per serving: 274 calories, 6 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 7 g protein