I love this crispy, winter time salad, featuring crunchy radishes and jicama. I was inspired by my last trip to the farmers market, where I saw plump radishes on display. That and a jicama from Frieda’s Specialty Produce in my frig put me to thinking about how uniquely crisp both of these veggies are. So, I paired this salad with a Latin-inspired olive oil vinaigrette, flavored with lemon, cumin seeds and garlic. Best of all, you can whip up this salad in no time!
Yields 8 servings
- 1 bunch radishes, red or pink
- 1 jicama ¼ cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice radishes and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel jicama and slice into small strips, add to salad bowl.
- Add parsley to salad bowl and toss together well.
- Add the juice and zest of 1 lemon into a small bow. Whisk in olive oil, garlic, cumin seeds, salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Drizzle over radish mixture and toss together well to distribute. Chill until serving time.
Note: I am not a consultant or profiting by any ingredients listed in this recipe.