I love a good veggie-rich salsa dip for whole grain crackers, corn or bean chips, and veggies. And this avocado salsa is packed with extra goodies: corn, red onion, cilantro, black olives, and jalapenos. It’s not only delicious, but it’s beautiful to boot. Set out a bowl at a party and watch it disappear!
Yields 10 servings
- 3 medium tomatoes, ripe, diced
- 2 medium ripe yet firm avocados, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 2.25 ounce-can black olives, sliced, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper and sea salt as desired
- Add tomatoes (be sure to use any tomato juice left on cutting board
- when chopping tomatoes, avocados, bell pepper, onion, corn, olives,
- garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro or parsley to a medium bowl and toss
- together gently.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and sea salt and toss together to distribute. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Chill until serving time. Serve with whole grain or bean chips, tacos, burritos, or fresh veggies.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 120 calories, 2 g protein, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 12 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar,134 mg sodium.
Recipe created by Sharon Palmer, RD, The Plant-Powered Dietitian™, author of Plant-Powered for Life.