The savory, umami flavors shine through in this easy, nutritious, plant-based rice bowl. You can whip up this one dish meal with 5 ingredients and your favorite quick-cooking brown rice in under 20 minutes!
Yields 4 servings
- 3 cups prepared quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups frozen edamame (shelled)
- 6 ounces (about 5 heads) baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (gluten-free)
- Cook quick-cooking brown rice in pot or rice cooker according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat sesame oil in a sauté pan, skillet or wok.
- Add sliced bell pepper and edamame and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add bok choy and soy sauce and cook for an additional 4 minutes, just until bok choy is crisp-tender yet bright green.
- Divide rice among 4 large bowls and top each bowl with one-fourth of the edamame bok choy mixture.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 329 calories | 17 g protein | 9 g total fat | 1 g saturated fat | 50 g carbohydrate | 10 g fiber | 5 g sugar | 374 mg sodium